Our Medical Assistant Program
- Be a driving force on a professional healthcare team delivering high quality patient care.
- Experience and manage a medical clinic that offers wellness screening services to the community.
- Perform medical office operations and deliver vital care services including blood draws and injections as well as assist in minor office surgeries.
- Prepared for immediate employment as a medical assistant and further college medical assistant education.
- Desire to work in the healthcare field.
- Students should have an interest in providing patient care.
- Steady physical activity is required and may consist of walking, standing, and assisting in moving patients and/or equipment.
Related Career Specialties
- Medical Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Chiropractic Assistant
- Insurance Biller
- Lab Assistant
- Family and General Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Health Services Administrator
- Home Health Aide
Awards and Recognitions
- 6th Place-Extemporaneous Writing, International HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-Extemporaneous Writing, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-HS Medical Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-PA Medical Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze-Medical Reading, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
This program is designed to be completed in two years. CAVIT will award a certificate of completion to students successfully completing the two year program.
Dual Enrollment Program of Study College Credit Available
Through a Program of Study articulation agreement with Central Arizona College, students in the second year medical assistant class are eligible to earn free college credit. The college defines entrance requirements, which must be met before the college will grant credit. Students are responsible for meeting those requirements and completing a separate college admission process.