Our Massage Therapy Program
- Experience the joy of helping people feel better through therapeutic touch.
- Manage a full-service spa offering chair, hot stone, prenatal, sports, and Swedish massages as well as body scrub treatments.
- Assess soft tissue injury to develop a massage program for clients in the fitness, health care, and sports fields.
- Prepared for college massage therapy education and internships.
- Students should have an interest in providing therapeutic massage services.
- Steady physical activity is required and may consist of walking, standing, and assisting in moving patients and/or equipment.
Related Career Pathways
- Athletic Training
- Chiropractic Assistant
- Health Services Administrator
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy Educator
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physical Training
- Physician Assistant
- Salon Manager
- Ergonomics Specialist
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Wellness Consultant
We have designed this course for students to be able to complete in two years. CAVIT will award a certificate of completion to students who successfully complete the two year program.
Students completing the 720-hour program will be eligible to apply for licensure with the state board of massage therapy.
Awards and Recognitions
- Gold-Job Seeking Skills, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze-Job Seeking Skills, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
Dual Enrollment Program of Study College Credit Available
Through a dual enrollment articulation agreement with Central Arizona College, students in the second year massage therapy class are eligible to earn free college credit. The college defines entrance requirements, which must be met before the college will grant credit. Students are responsible for meeting those requirements and completing a separate college admission process.