- CAVIT's mission is to provide career and technology education opportunities for students to become productive members of a competitive workforce.
- CAVIT is a part of a network of 14 Career Technical Education Districts (CTEDs) across the state.
- CAVIT began formal operations on July 1, 2001. In August of 2008, our central campus in Coolidge opened with training offered in five programs and a teaching staff of six.
- Mike Glover has served as CAVIT's superintendent since July 2009.
- CAVIT received A+ School of Excellence recognition from the Arizona Education Foundation in 2012 and 2016 with the organization reaffirming our honor through 2024.
- A five-member governing board oversees the school. Board members live in and represent the district they serve.
- CAVIT is governed by the Arizona Department of Education and accredited through AdvancEd.
- CAVIT's central campus serves 11th and 12th grade students from the following high schools: Casa Grande Union, Coolidge, Florence, Imagine, Maricopa, Mission Heights, Poston Butte, Ridgeview Prep, San Tan Foothills, Santa Cruz, Sequoia Pathways, Villa Oasis, and Vista Grande. CAVIT also serves students in online and home school learning formats.
- CAVIT expanded training to 18–21 year old graduates in August 2014.