CAVIT is committed to keeping families updated on the current public health crisis. Please view our frequently-asked questions for more information about the return to school in 2020-2021.
- When Does In-Person Instruction Return?
- What is Online Virtual Learning?
- Do I Get to Choose What Mode of Learning I Want?
- What is Daily Health Screening?
- What Happens if I Start to Feel Sick While I'm On Campus?
- Will the Campus be Cleaned and Disinfected Daily When We Return?
- Will I Need a Cloth Face Covering When We Return to Campus?
- Will Visitors Be Allowed on Campus When We Return?
When Does In-Person Instruction Return?
CAVIT will begin our in-person hybrid learning model on January 15, 2021. We have assigned students an A or B schedule to follow through March 12, 2021. Teachers have communicated with students on their assigned schedule. Students that have chosen to learn virtually will remain on the schedule they have been following since school started through the end of the second semester.
We have created and published the school calendar in Google Classroom and on our Calendar page so everyone can easily see which days are A days and which are B days. We will continue to follow the public benchmark data being sent out weekly by the Arizona Department of Health Services and will keep you informed as to what the spring semester at CAVIT might look like.Back to Top
What is Online Virtual Learning?
We have added an online virtual learning program for those families not yet comfortable in sending their child to CAVIT for in-person instruction. Students in our virtual program will receive daily instruction from October 13, 2020, through May 27, 2021. The assigned teacher will take attendance every day and coordinate assignments that will count to a grade. Students in the virtual learning program can jump back into in-person instruction at any point during the school year.Back to Top
Do I Get to Choose What Mode of Learning I Want?
The goal is to return to our traditional mode of in-person learning when we are allowed. Students not choosing traditional in-person learning will be able to participate in an online program for this school year. Parents choosing the online option all year can register on our Enrollment page. Click on the Online Learning Registration button.Back to Top
What is Daily Health Screening?
To perform a daily health screening, monitor yourself for any of these symptoms: fever of 100.4 degrees of higher, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or new loss of taste or smell.
CAVIT is asking that all students perform a daily health screening. Do not attend CAVIT if you exhibit one or more of these symptoms.Back to Top
What Happens if I Start to Feel Sick While I'm On Campus?
Your teacher will be asking all students if they have performed their daily health screening before the start of class. If a student starts to feel sick on campus or begins to show visible symptoms, they will be sent to the front office, who will contact a parent for pick up. These are the following exceptions:
- If a student has a runny nose and no other symptoms, CAVIT will contact the parent to inquire whether there have been any COVID-19 exposures in the home. If not, student may return to class.
- If the student has health information on file that confirms a diagnosis of asthma or another respiratory condition, and the student isn't displaying any other symptoms, CAVIT will contact the parent to inquire whether there have been any COVID-19 exposures in the home. If not, the student may return to class.
Will the Campus be Cleaned and Disinfected Daily When We Return?
We will clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, sink handles, and drinking fountains, daily. Lab equipment will be cleaned between uses. Facility staff will increase the cleaning of surfaces and bathrooms throughout the day.Back to Top
Will I Need a Cloth Face Covering When We Return to Campus?
Yes. All students will receive a cloth face covering as part of their uniform and will be required to wear them when maintaining 6-feet of distance isn't possible.Back to Top
Will Visitors Be Allowed on Campus When We Return?
We will limit non-essential visitors during the COVID-19 health crisis.Back to Top